Compare properties of quadrilaterals – Parallelogram, Rectangle, Square, Rhombus, Kite & a Trapezium | Math Projects
- Make different quadrilaterals using a geo board to verify the different properties like:
• If opposite sides are equal or parallel
• If opposite angles are equal
• If adjacent pairs of sides are equal
• If diagonals are equal or perpendicular or bisect each other
Quadrilaterals are everywhere! Books, screens, papers, devices, walls, posters – one could go on and on! But just like the many regular things in which the beauty of science lies, we overlook the magic behind quadrilaterals and all of the properties that make them such unique polygons. With the help of our Understanding Quadrilaterals kit, we deliver a Do-It-Yourself experience that brings quadrilaterals to the forefront, and simplifies them by showing their properties on an easy-to-construct and use geo board.
By using the geo board to create different kinds of quadrilaterals, your child will be able to verify the following properties of quadrilaterals with the help of accurate measurement technqiues:
- If opposite angles are equal
- If adjacent pairs of sides are equal
- If diagonals are equal or perpendicular or bisect each other
- If opposite sides are equal or parallel
One of the many facets of Geometry is the concept of Quadrilaterals – understanding the fundamentals of this will act as a base to enhance your child’s overall understanding of the concepts of Geometry. By performing these activities on a firsthand and experiential basis, your child will learn more about perseverant thinking, increase their attention and concentration span, improve their appreciation and enjoyment of education, and become more participative students instead of passive listener students!
Related Age Group Products
No posts found!