Make a simple tool for comparing quantities represented in Fractions, Decimals & Percentages | Math Projects
- Make conversion tools (Using elastic bands, sliders and rulers) to learn and understand:
• Ratios, fractions, decimals and percentages
• How to convert fractions to percentages and vice versa.
• How to convert decimals to percentages and vice versa.
• Compare fractions by converting them to either decimals or percentages.
- Play the fraction game and understand use of comparing different quantities.
Sizing them down until the answer is found!
The comparison of quantities is the foundation on which a majority of daily activities are based: the concepts of money, markets, exchange, mathematical equations, and even engineering would be incomplete without the concept of comparison. Comparison of quantities is an integral and scoring segment of 7th grade Mathematics, and can easily be mastered with the help of Butterfly Fields’ Comparison of Quantities kit, that consists of conversion tools that can be used to perform various comparison operations. In addition, this kit also includes an interactive game that your child will enjoy and learn from!
- With this kit, your child will make conversion tools by using elastic bands, sliders and rulers to learn and understand:
- Ratios, fractions, decimals and percentages
- How to convert fractions to percentages and vice versa.
- How to convert decimals to percentages and vice versa.
- How to compare fractions by converting them to either decimals or percentages.
- Your child will play the enjoyable fraction game that teaches the use of comparing different quantities.
Why crawl when you can fly? With Butterfly Fields’ interactive practical projects, your child will learn how to maintain a steady critical thought, while developing better hand-to-eye coordination, an effective utilization of time, and improved observational skills!