Electricity & Magnetism
Fun with magnets:
- Test materials and categorize them into magnetic and non-magnetic material
- Make a magnet float in air & understand poles of a magnet & their behavior
- Make a pencil levitation model to understand:
• Poles of a ring & solid magnets
• Application of magnets in real life – Maglev trains.
- Make a Magneto Tracer that traces a metallic object using magnetic induction
Electric current & its effects:
- Make an electromagnetic crane to understand:•
- Magnetic effects of Electric current – Electromagnetism
- Real life applications of Electromagnetism
- Dependence of electromagnetic strength on number of turns, batteries, material used as core.
- Make a simple electric circuit using Nichorme wire to understand about heating effects of electric current.
DIY Materials: Child friendly materials to build working models and conduct activities
Activity Book that includes:
- Colourful illustrations to guide a child through model making process.
- Observation questions that help develop important critical skills like” attention to right detail” thereby developing scientific temper.
- Exercise questions to test your child’s understanding of the concepts.
- Concept map -Entire topic summarised in one page with pictorial representations.
Makes LEARNING FUN & enables DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS.
Enables 21st century skills of INNOVATION & PROBLEM SOLVING through Project Based Learning (PBL) approach.
Triggers CURIOSITY & ignites the spark of Science and CREATIVITY in your child.
Improves ATTENTION SPAN & PERSEVERANCE among children in this fast paced world of instant gratification
Increases MOTIVATION TO LEARN.