Simple machines - Levers:
- Make class 1 and class 2 levers and understand how they help ease our efforts.
- Compare the working of a forcep (class 3 lever) with that of the other 2 to understand the difference in position of load, effort and fulcrum.
Inclined plane, wedge:
- Make an inclined plane to lift objects. Observe the reduction in effort when the angles are changed however there is a trade off – can you spot it?
- Make a wedge and how it reduces effort. Understand that relation between wedge and inclined plane.
DIY Materials: Child friendly materials to build working models and conduct activities
Activity Book that includes:
- Colourful illustrations to guide a child through model making process.
- Observation questions that help develop important critical skills like” attention to right detail” thereby developing scientific temper.
- Exercise questions to test your child’s understanding of the concepts.
- Concept map -Entire topic summarised in one page with pictorial representations.
Makes LEARNING FUN & enables DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS.
Enables 21st century skills of INNOVATION & PROBLEM SOLVING through Project Based Learning (PBL) approach.
Triggers CURIOSITY & ignites the spark of Science and CREATIVITY in your child.
Improves ATTENTION SPAN & PERSEVERANCE among children in this fast paced world of instant gratification
Increases MOTIVATION TO LEARN.